• Авторизуйтесь для ответа в теме
Сообщений в теме: 75

#1 Böehringer

Böehringer

Пришедший

• Жители
  • 40 сообщений

Отправлено 29 January 2007 - 21:14

Hey guys! It's an amazing thing Peter_b suggested the other day - to chat on Skype. But i've just set my mind on creating this thread just for a so-called forum chat(ter). The topic - Anything u like. let's start off talking and making this thread run down from our flood-like chat. Are there any participants down there? Guys, i ain't kiddin'...
For your information who (the hell) i am : http://forum.hnet.ru...w...st&p=378635 (sortooffedup is my ex-nick)
If we're already acquainted, it means if you're Dancingbaby and Sauron-rus, you can start out by suggesting me a topic for conversation. If we're not acquainted (it means u're neither Dancingbaby nor Sauron-rus), u may first tell a few words about yourself, and then suggest your variant of topic for conversation. I guess we'll make it ok!

Сообщение отредактировал Hexfire: 22 July 2007 - 21:11

#2 dancinbaby

dancinbaby

Прохожий

• Жители HomeNet
  • Pip
  • 252 сообщений

Отправлено 30 January 2007 - 18:25

hey ya!
So its an english flood thread!!i recogn sounds pretty interesting thumbsup.gif !!!
i think that it is what was missing ova here..Coz this even helps in english speakin skills!
Even if im a dancin-baby(acquainted person:) )...ive got no topic to suggest right now...please dont think im some wirdo or anythin like that,hehe(sorry Boehringer ,and by the way,what does your nickname mean?)
I was actually about to act as if i havn't seen this page :tongue: ,but then i thought it would b really mean..
But Im gonna b back when sombody else goes on :08:

#3 Böehringer

Böehringer

Пришедший

• Жители
  • 40 сообщений

Отправлено 31 January 2007 - 00:27

2 Dancinbaby

Howdy! Nice to see u here! clap.gif Well, that's ok about 'no-topic-for-discussion', since i guess it'll come up in the process of our chat. thumbsup.gif
You asked what my nick means. Well... i've no idea. blush.gif I just saw a box out of a tv set or something with this brand in my childhood and suddenly recalled it in my mind and decided to borrow this brand (don't fill anybody in on this, please, who can sue me for this borrowing, hehe)
In my turn, could i ask you, what does your nick mean? Are a dance-lover or something?

#4 Антон Михайлович

Антон Михайлович

Прохожий

• Жители HomeNet
  • Pip
  • 410 сообщений

Отправлено 31 January 2007 - 12:22

Ok, It's gonna be fun to remember my glorious schooldays. I have not been practicing my English for a very-very long time... That's why sorry for my mistakes smile.gif
I have one question for everyone here: Please tell us Where (and also when) did you learn english? Or maybe you are in process now?
I'll start: My practice ended in school(now it's a gymnasia) .Unfortunately i hadn't any english classes in my university, that's why my english is terrible now. It's a rather wierd thing that i can understand american speech, I'm rather good in reading english books, but i have great problems with expressing my thoughts(especially in written form).
That's why I think i'll be here rather often. Please, don't judge me for my ignorance. It'll be better if you give me advices about my mistakes.
Thanks.

#5 Böehringer

Böehringer

Пришедший

• Жители
  • 40 сообщений

Отправлено 31 January 2007 - 13:03

2 Антон Михайлович

You're welcome! clap.gif It's ok with your english for i guess perfection is a rather relative term which EVEN some native speakers are unfamiliar with (i mean the way they speak and write their native English, hehe). So it's a matter of time and practice! Don't worry about that! thumbsup.gif
I've been studying English since my childhood. I'll tell you what: i was grown up in a little America: i was a little kid (it was in the 80's) and my dad used to make business trips to Alaska, Canada and etc. He bought a videorecorder in America and brought lots of videomovies and cartoons along. So i watched American movies and cartoons not understanding a word but it was terrific! thumbsup.gif Indiana Johnes, Terminator, Who's that girl, Tom&Jerry, Walt Disney were my favorites. I also loved to listen to The Beatles on a record-player and sang english-like songs playing my air guitar, of course, not knowing a word in english. But it all contributed to my love and admiration of english.. Then i started studying english at school (unfortunately since 5th form) and later on i entered a Uni (english-german department), graduated from it and now work professionally with english doing specialized translations for an agency. I'm mastering english at present as i consider i'm not perfect as yet. Perfection is an endless process. One never knows when he's perfect especially when coming across things he haven't encountered before (i mean some english words in dictionary)

#6 dancinbaby

dancinbaby

Прохожий

• Жители HomeNet
  • Pip
  • 252 сообщений

Отправлено 01 February 2007 - 13:15

2 Dancinbaby
In my turn, could i ask you, what does your nick mean? Are a dance-lover or something?

haha,well u can say so..Its true I love dancing!!! clap.gif Ive been learning balley for 7 years(not any more though),now im learning classical indian dance which is very hard..But i took this nickname because i love watchin little children dance(especially babys,i find it just so sweet)..it was just first that came into my head while thinking of what my nick should be.
You know it seems like your nickname is something german or dutch :beee: ....

#7 Andy1

Andy1

Пришедший

• Жители
  • 2 сообщений

Отправлено 02 February 2007 - 02:35

My practice ended in school

It's hard to believe. Didn't you learn on your own? I don't mean textbooks or courses, but haven't you at least read a lot of books? I was able only to link a couple of simplest words after school, though I admit that school gave me a background that really helped me afterwards.

It's a rather wierd thing that i can understand american speech

For me, it's another miracle. Just like that, after school? No radio, movies and other such things?

Please tell us Where (and also when) did you learn english? Or maybe you are in process now?

School, a long pause, about six-eight years of fun with books, films, etc (and still I have difficulties with understanding speech, relaxed speech especially).
And yes, since I'm writing all this in English, I'm in the process just now, aren't I? smile.gif

Цитата
It'll be better if you give me advices about my mistakes.

I would risk to advise you not to use "advice" in plural because usually, and certainly in the context like this, it's uncountable. Just like "water" - you can't usually say "give me waters/advices", but you could say "give me some water/advice".
Feel free to return the favour correcting some of my mistakes. smile.gif

#8 Антон Михайлович

Антон Михайлович

Прохожий

• Жители HomeNet
  • Pip
  • 410 сообщений

Отправлено 03 February 2007 - 18:55

Feel free to return the favour correcting some of my mistakes. smile.gif

Thanks, but i havn't enough knowledge to correct anybody smile.gif
Heh, and about my own practice... After graduating my school I had "upper intermedial" level... And my tuitor said me that I was near to "advanced", when I passed tests from some language school. But now all I can is to understand films, books etc. I usually watch movies without any translation and read some magazines or papers from time to time... It is my practice.
I'm going to enter some courses to improve my oral and written English, because I'm feeling like a dog: "I can understand everything but can't say anything" It's rather sad, when you're spending so much time for something (for learning a foreign language for ten years in my case), and one day you understand that it was total waste of time sad.gif

#9 Andy1

Andy1

Пришедший

• Жители
  • 2 сообщений

Отправлено 03 February 2007 - 23:30

But now all I can is to understand films, books etc.

Bah, such a trifle... smile.gif

Цитата
"I can understand everything but can't say anything"

You're telling me smile.gif. If I had a fast and reliable internet connection, which I haven't, I would certainly join Peter's "conversational club". Why don't you? It could help you to break the barrier and later on you could, for example, participate in Skype conferences.
Just a suggestion, it's up to you , of course. smile.gif

And, I've been skimming through "English Forum" and thought that this could be of some use to you:
http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

#10 Антон Михайлович

Антон Михайлович

Прохожий

• Жители HomeNet
  • Pip
  • 410 сообщений

Отправлено 04 February 2007 - 01:32

oh, It's great!!! Imean the link smile.gif But... I havn't free I-net... that's why it's rther expensive.... sad.gif
And also thanks for your "Skype advice"... smile.gif I'll try tomorrow smile.gif

#11 Böehringer

Böehringer

Пришедший

• Жители
  • 40 сообщений

Отправлено 05 February 2007 - 14:53

Maybe this link will be of any interest to anybody: www.freelang.ru - lots of info about studying languages, just check it out thumbsup.gif

And if there's anybody who's into American English and wants to get more info about its origins, you may subscribe (FOR FREE) my Mailing List: American English: specific features (just click it)
and read the first issue: Первый выпуск (click it)
Those who've done it, please give your comments about it, i'm just curious what people think of.

#12 Assuri

Assuri

Use Jabber!

• Жители
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 сообщений

Отправлено 12 March 2007 - 00:10

Oh my god! I am really noob in English! I can't understand a lot of phrathes (Фраз), which is used by you.

Are there guys, who learning English himself?

#13 Hexfire

Hexfire

• Модераторы
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 сообщений

Отправлено 12 March 2007 - 08:49

Are there guys, who learning English himself?
Each and everyone I guess.

Сообщение отредактировал Hexfire: 12 June 2008 - 01:44

#14 Oxanette

Oxanette

Смешная Оксанка

• Жители HomeNet
  • PipPip
  • 778 сообщений

Отправлено 18 March 2007 - 07:12

Each and everyone I guess.

Yes)
That's true)

I lived in Cananda for 1 year and 5 months.
And I learned english for 2 weeks!

#15 Assuri

Assuri

Use Jabber!

• Жители
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 сообщений

Отправлено 18 March 2007 - 16:51

In countries, where English is native, you learn language really quickly.

#16 Hexfire

Hexfire

• Модераторы
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 сообщений

Отправлено 21 March 2007 - 21:42

Flood-thread has been moved from Speaking subsection.
Keep having fun here. smile.gif

#17 -=MaZa}{AKER=-

-=MaZa}{AKER=-

Пришедший

• Жители
  • 88 сообщений

Отправлено 27 June 2007 - 21:41

Hey guys! It's an amazing...

If you so want to talk on English, go on some English forums - it`s better talk on English with people who talk on it every day.

#18 Hexfire

Hexfire

• Модераторы
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 сообщений

Отправлено 29 June 2007 - 00:26

If you so want to talk on English, go on some English forums - it`s better talk on English with people who talk on it every day.
Dude what's up? We don't mean it's the only or the best way to extend your English knowledge, so shouldn't you. So calm down and just have a chat with others. It's the only place in this section where you can fully afford yourself to speak about whatever you want (in English). Tune in. smile.gif

#19 Hexfire

Hexfire

• Модераторы
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 сообщений

Отправлено 22 July 2007 - 21:08

I'm wondereing upon this truth when people are said to feel free to have free chat without any barriers and they don't use this opportunity. Besides, one can observe just the opposite: they prefer having it where it's not allowed earning problems to one's as…s.
Who can explain me the secret?

#20 Noname

Noname

Прохожий

• Жители HomeNet
  • Pip
  • 491 сообщений

Отправлено 22 July 2007 - 21:31

It depends on the context of the situation. There are a lot of people who like to act when it' s not allowed. Maybe it' s some kind of a protest or rebel. Forbidden things are attractive sometimes. I suppose in the most cases they do it unconsciouly without any thinking. (If I 've understand your point in a right way).

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 2

0 пользователей, 2 гостей, 0 анонимных