Сообщений в теме: 75

#41 Hexfire

Hexfire

• Модераторы
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 сообщений

Отправлено 01 December 2007 - 14:22

Hi!
I don't want anybody here to feel insulted with my question, but what's the point of having an English forum on a Russian site, with no native speakers of English? We live in the age of internet, and i guess that everybody who posts to the forum can find a community in the web with English native speakers. Believe me, it's a much better idea to practice conversational skills with native speakers than with learners smile.gif

P.S. it's "to speak in English", not "on English"

Hey,

I see your point about participation in foreign communities and entirely agree on that. Basically it's just how it actually meant to be if you mean to improve your knowledge in english (and generally in any foreign language). However, when it comes to discovering these communities and simply bringing all the deal on, there's a thing occurs called 'laziness'. Very predictable one though. So here's the reason to have such a forum in here – simply to let people feel more confident about their knowledge, since any mistakes done here wouldn't mean to blame. And that's a good thing. Besides, it's also a chance to communicate with people you have known beyond only the scope of some subforum. So I suppose you were just a bit too much hard on this forum, though I absolutely agree what you said about communities, etc.. smile.gif

P.S. and it's “on the web”, rather than “in the web”. smile.gif

#42 Saure

Saure

Пришедший

• Жители
  • 14 сообщений

Отправлено 01 December 2007 - 17:14

P.S. and it's “on the web”, rather than “in the web”. smile.gif

ok smile.gif now we're quits smile.gif)))

#43 Рыжая Лисичка

Рыжая Лисичка

★Большой Брат следит за тобой★

• Жители HomeNet
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 сообщений

Отправлено 03 December 2007 - 10:23

Hi everybody! I'm ready to join your conversation. But I'm not sure, that I know English how knew it earlier, because there is no practice

#44 Hexfire

Hexfire

• Модераторы
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 сообщений

Отправлено 03 December 2007 - 12:42

Hi everybody! I'm ready to join your conversation. But I'm not sure, that I know English how knew it earlier, because there is no practice

Hey, great to see a new face here. smile.gif
In order to break the silence for some while hopefully if possible, I'd like to suggest a 'question-answer' game within this thread, which would consist in following: some person posts his/her question here, then another person answers it as much comprehensive as possible in order to keep thread alive, and posts his/her own question hereafter. Then another person handles it and so on. Very easy, ain't it?

First question will be mine: what daytime do you like more? why?

#45 Сэнди

Сэнди

• Жители HomeNet
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 сообщений

Отправлено 04 December 2007 - 01:31

Good evening, my friends! smile.gif
My english is not perfect... But I can to speak plainly)
My modest person would like to join to your conversation crazy.gif
And, oh my God, I see a questions!!!)
what daytime do you like more? why?

I like evening at week-days. And I like day at the days off.
Because I can to rest in the evening at week-days, and I can to rest all day at the days off crazy.gif

I hope, I am accessible have explained. Sorry for my mistakes if they are present crazy.gif

#46 Noname

Noname

Прохожий

• Жители HomeNet
  • Pip
  • 491 сообщений

Отправлено 04 December 2007 - 11:32

what daytime do you like more? why?

I prefer evening because I feel free from my all everyday responsibilities and duties. I can relax and spend my free time like I want. In comparassion in the morning usualy I'm in a bad mood but in the evening life seems much better to me.
My question is "If you have an opportunity to spend two weeks in any country in the world, which one would you choose? why?"

#47 Рыжая Лисичка

Рыжая Лисичка

• Жители HomeNet
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 сообщений

Отправлено 05 December 2007 - 14:23

If you have an opportunity to spend two weeks in any country in the world, which one would you choose? why?

Oh! If I had such opportunity, I would spend this time, for example, in Spain. Because I like this country and their culture and because there is warmly and it is possible there to eat fresh fruit.

My question: What you have not made still from planned?

#48 Рыжая Лисичка

Рыжая Лисичка

• Жители HomeNet
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 сообщений

Отправлено 15 December 2007 - 13:54

Well. I understood, that my question is not clear. I shall try once again:
" What quality in yourselfes you would like to change? "

#49 dancinbaby

dancinbaby

Прохожий

• Жители HomeNet
  • Pip
  • 252 сообщений

Отправлено 17 December 2007 - 22:04

" What quality in yourselfes you would like to change? "[/b][/i][/color]

You mean our personality?
well..if i got you right,here is my answer smile.gif :
there are actually Loads..)
i think all my life is based on improving my own self...On introspection
what im aming for is to become close to perfection
i know,it might sound kind of impossible(for a human being to become good in every way)..but i guess if one tryes really hard then..the aim can be achived..one day)
so one of the qualities that i would like to get rid of is my lazyness
this week im being lazy..whenever i get some free time i just do stuff that i want to do..not the stuff that im supposed to be doing
so i need to become more dinamic!!!!))hehe

my turn to ask a question?!alright... tongue.gif
What's the reason of us(human beings) living on this Earth from your point of view? (i hope the question isn't too hard to answer)

#50 zeddie

zeddie

Прохожий

• Жители
  • Pip
  • 162 сообщений

Отправлено 28 December 2007 - 18:03

my turn to ask a question?!alright... tongue.gif
What's the reason of us(human beings) living on this Earth from your point of view? (i hope the question isn't too hard to answer)

oh man... this question is way TOO hard to anwser. what the point of anwsering such quetions? it ain't changes nothin' anyways. gangsta2.gif

#51 dancinbaby

dancinbaby

Прохожий

• Жители HomeNet
  • Pip
  • 252 сообщений

Отправлено 06 January 2008 - 17:31

alright
why dont u ask ur question den?
go ahead
i dont mind if nobody answers
ive got my own point of view-i guess its enough for me)

#52 Hexfire

Hexfire

• Модераторы
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 сообщений

Отправлено 04 February 2008 - 07:51

Well. I understood, that my question is not clear. I shall try once again:
" What quality in yourselfes you would like to change? "

No, it wasn't unclear it all, it's just me and people who apparently didn't feel like answering. smile.gif So if you don't mind, I'll handle both questions.

About qualities… Very comprehensive question and at the same time the answer is obvious. It's certainly quite an unquestionable thing that any person strives for becoming better in every way (like mentioned well by dancinbaby). So even when we work upon solving some particular problem or improving some particular quality, in fact we're just passing through another step to come up onto the next grade of self-perfection, completing another excercise to succeed in this global concept. People tend to highlight particular things out of life context, trying to determine the reasons of some life faults. However, I'm inclined to consider everything we have born with as things we shouldn't fight with. It's not that you shouldn't improve yourself, but it's that you shouldn't be a foe to yourself, and that's a big difference.
Every quality that we consider negative about ourselves could be considered this way solely depending on the context, just like any thing and matter in this life. It's like saying that summer is a good time and winter is not. But why we don't reflect about subjectivity of these words in case of year seasons, but disregard it when it comes to our personality? It ain't less subjective in this case either, and everybody's point consists in accepting this basic rule to come up to harmony with oneselves.
Therefore, I wouldn't like to underscore some particular qualities about myself that I'd like to get better even though somewhere deep inside I feel like improving them. Because on the other hand I wouldn't stand the fact that in the objective sense any improvement means change, which has both positive and negative sides within. How do you cope with it then? Easy – live, enjoy and work.

Hopefully it gave any idea about my opinion on this matter. smile.gif

Цитата(Рыжая Лисичка @ Dec 5 2007, 14:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My question: What you have not made still from planned?

So exactly the same here. smile.gif
A lot of things to be done, however to me highlighting them wouldn't be fair enough. So even if I managed to, it would sound exactly like typical «finish education, find job, get into some sport, find friends and love, etc…» smile.gif

Almost forgot. My question.
How do you find solitude? What would you prefer – a loud party or calm evening with old friend?

Сообщение отредактировал Hexfire: 04 February 2008 - 08:15

#53 Hexfire

Hexfire

• Модераторы
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 сообщений

Отправлено 07 February 2008 - 03:48

Okay, actually we can hold on with this thing for you just not to feel obligated about answering. smile.gif

Meanwhile, I'd like to just make a brief survey. Are there someone here who practices one's english by means of some web-communities/-resources (forums/boards, chats, blogs, journals, etc..). If yes, which ones?

#54 Рыжая Лисичка

Рыжая Лисичка

• Жители HomeNet
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 сообщений

Отправлено 07 February 2008 - 08:33

How do you find solitude? What would you prefer – a loud party or calm evening with old friend?

Sometimes I would like to be alone and simply to think of everything, that happens to me in my life. If there is a choice between a noisy party and meeting with the old friend, probably, I shall choose second smile.gif

My question.
If you became the president, what laws you would issue?

#55 dancinbaby

dancinbaby

Прохожий

• Жители HomeNet
  • Pip
  • 252 сообщений

Отправлено 15 February 2008 - 17:32

Meanwhile, I'd like to just make a brief survey. Are there someone here who practices one's english by means of some web-communities/-resources (forums/boards, chats, blogs, journals, etc..). If yes, which ones?[/font]

have u ever heard of 'orkut'?
its an internet-community

i had a profile there..but deleted it just a few days ago
i came there only bcoz by friend sent me an invitation..I actually didnt really want to join it..
i think there are really many indian ppl registered there
Indians are very communicative..and one more thing,most of them love russians and want to find out more about them)) So i had people adding me on their friendlist every day..ppl that i didnt even know.
But i didnt always have time to answer on their scraps..thats why i felt guilty and had to delete my account
but if anybody asks me..i would recommend orkut..and facebook)

#56 Hexfire

Hexfire

• Модераторы
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 сообщений

Отправлено 02 June 2008 - 05:42

Sometimes I would like to be alone and simply to think of everything, that happens to me in my life. If there is a choice between a noisy party and meeting with the old friend, probably, I shall choose second smile.gif

My question.
If you became the president, what laws you would issue?

It's been a while since we had any bit of activity in this topic. Well, I'd love to hope that it doesn't make a break for us to carry on our free-of-bound discussions.
Although one might think that this topic got frozen due to the lack of interest from the ones who were supposed to answer the next given question (be it myself or anyone other), I wanna say that it wasn't enterely about that (at least, again, I speak for myself); It wasn't about a loss of interest, since in fact I was merely in a position when I realized I don't have proper answer (nor probably even any answer at all), which is why I felt like restraining from giving it and the topic eventually turned out to be "forsaken", so to speak, since I was hardly the only person mainly to support it.
That's a preamble. smile.gif

Right now I'd like to get back to topic, and to the unanswered question, to be precise.
So what on earth, anyway, would I issue once I become a president? smile.gif
And now the answer. Since being a president of certain country involved in various relationships, I would do my best to get rid of wars essentially dependent on myself. A person, once having become a president, inevitably ends up to be a person that directly influences and chooses the outlet for certain relationships; it's up to him, in essential part, to decide whether a conflict would be resolved in a relatively peaceful way, or to end up proclaiming that the conflict has no other resolution, but war. Conceptually, in second case we come to the following unfair consequences: presedent and related people weren't able to find proper resolution for certain conflict and made other completely unrelated people to resolve this conflict at cost of own lives, usually not asked, nor given any alternatives within this context. Meanwhile, president might (and most commonly) not even care whether you don't feel like risking own life to "resolve" another person's problems only because he didn't have enough "meat" in brains to resolve them peacefully. You are forced to kill people you don't have any negativeness towards for the sake of some uncertain person(s)'s dire goals.
That's what I would get fixed in the first place once I became a president — I would do my best to dig for more intelligent resolutions for certain conflicts rather than giving up on that matter and allowing war, as a resolution, which nobody were ever fond of participating in.
That's it.

P.S. No more questions from me. If you have anything to say, to add or whatever — feel free to do that. It's an english flood thread.

Сообщение отредактировал Hexfire: 02 June 2008 - 05:42

#57 Hexfire

Hexfire

• Модераторы
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 сообщений

Отправлено 09 July 2008 - 22:18

intense…

#58 dancinbaby

dancinbaby

Прохожий

• Жители HomeNet
  • Pip
  • 252 сообщений

Отправлено 09 July 2008 - 23:39

intense…

haha tongue.gif
Цитата(dancinbaby @ Dec 17 2007, 23:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my turn to ask a question?!alright...

ok..I just read this one more time
and realized that whoever said that this question is really not for this thread was right))!lol..
I guess I must have been in a very philosophic mood not to realize it smile.gif
It really seems like we have all ran into hibernation, which is not making this thread look interesting
at least for the summer time we need to show some movement!
I will ask a question that I usually get different or sometimes opposite answers from people to:

when do you feel you are more capable to study: at night or at a day time?why do you find impossible to concentrate at day/night time?

Сообщение отредактировал dancinbaby: 09 July 2008 - 23:40

#59 Noname

Noname

Прохожий

• Жители HomeNet
  • Pip
  • 491 сообщений

Отправлено 10 July 2008 - 11:25

When I was a student (and a post-graduate student) I prefered to learn something or to prepare for the exams in the daytime. Along toward night I become less sharp and bright. But sometimes I had to prepare for the exams at night. There was one positive moment: nothing disturbed you and you could concentrate on your study. But It was difficult to wake up and study the next day.

My question: What irritates you most of all?

#60 Chemical

Chemical

Графоман

• Жители HomeNet
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,410 сообщений

Отправлено 10 July 2008 - 13:25

Hi evrybody.My englisn isn`t good?but im learneing eng at schcool.Im 17.Please write me to private by russian.

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 анонимных